GUARANTEE AND INSPECTION SERVICE (GIS)
GIS is a national program designed to ensure that project owners get value and quality for their investment by:
- supporting architects and design professionals achieve project plans and specifications; and
- providing project owners, general contractors, design professionals and woodwork manufacturers assurance that strict monitoring of the architectural woodwork requirements meet AWMAC’s architectural woodwork standards, potentially avoiding problems such as cost overruns and delays.
AWMAC offers a two year Certificate of Guarantee if the following criteria are met:
- AWMAC’s Guarantee and Inspection Service program (GIS) must be specified and considered an integral component of the scope of work in order to ensure that the quality of materials and workmanship of the specified woodwork complies with AWMAC’s architectural woodwork standards (see Wording for Specifying GIS);
- AWMAC’s manufacturer member is in good standing with at least one person in the firm who has successfully completed AWMAC’s Manufacturer Standards Questionnaire (MSQ); and
- AWMAC’s Temperature and Humidity report, recording readings that the architectural woodwork manufacturer and their installers have taken each day they are on site, is submitted starting on the day the architectural woodwork leaves the shop. If the architectural woodwork is stored in a place other than on site, the temperature and humidity is to be recorded daily.
frequently asked questions